Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Vacation 2005 - Day 9

A day for a drive. On the road at 5:00 am. Hit Lincoln, Nebraska at 3:00 pm. Probably could have gone for another 2 hours but we've learned from experience to not push the kids too far. Checked in to the FairField Inn and relaxed. Grabbed a sandwich for dinner and sat in the hot tub for awhile. Nothing like bubbles to make ones legs feel better.

Hooked up my DVD player to the TV in the room and we watched "First Daughter" with Katie Holmes. Cute movie that everyone seems to enjoy. Since we had wireless connectivity Thing1 fired up his iBook to read mail. He had gone 7 days without internet access. I think he was losing his mind :-)

Then the wife decided she wanted to read her mail. I fired up my laptop and let her read all 35 messages waiting for her. After she was done I read mine. About 100 messages between my own domain and gmail accounts. I took a peek at my work account - 3000 plus just in my inbox. That'll wait...

No comments: