Friday, April 28, 2006
Thursday, April 27, 2006
Absolutely not. Hopefully Congress will show some balls and Just Say No!
Here's a thought: How about, since immigrants want to shut down major cities on May 1st, those who oppose full legalization for illegals, not go to any Mexican resturants to celebrate Cinco de Mayo? It's just a token gesture but if everyone stayed away it might be impressive...
Couldn't sleep. Just one of those nights where there was too much going on in my head to relax. Finally doze off and the alarm went off. Off came the covers, the cold air hit (the wife likes the window open), covers went right back on, and back to sleep. 30 minutes later I realize I need to get moving.
Made it to work around 6:00. A bit late but nothing terrible. Started the service pack install on 4 servers and went to my office. Logged in and I got a message that Windows Update had installed a patch and was rebooting my computer. Hmmm - I don't have WU configured to do that. And then it hits me - I had to reinstall Update Services on my WSUS server and I redid the GPOs to cover machines that aren't in the usual OUs (like mine) and I managed to leave some WSUS required patches enabled. Crap! Disabled them as my pc was rebooting. Oh well - at last count only a few hundred machines needed these patches so the damage might not he too bad. I suppose I could always blame the networking people. :-)
As this was all going on I was expecting the server upgrades to choke but all 4 succeeded. Yea!
The best part is that there will be snacks at the meeting today so the day will get better.
- United 93
The filmmakers got it right.
BY DAVID BEAMER
Thursday, April 27, 2006 12:01 a.m. EDT
The calendar says it's April 25, 2006. At noon, my wife, Peggy, and I are walking around Battery Park--near the Tribeca area--in New York. It is our first time. The flowers are blooming; kids are fishing; people boarding the ferry to Ellis Island and the Statue of Liberty. Kids are laughing and noisy. The sun is shining. The vendors are hawking T-shirts, pretzels and some "designer" wares. And just up the street there is a hole in the skyline and in the ground.
[Continue at source]
Since I have time to kill Saturday night as the wife and her sister are going to see Tim and Faith in Rosemont (and I get to play driver) I think I'll head back to Schaumburg and see this movie.
Dad - You shouldn't leave edged weapons within reach of a baby. especially Bristow women.
Sydney - She's only four weeks old. She can't even hold her head up. I think we're safe for now.
Meet the baby sitters - Rance and Dalton.
They come complete with explosive detectors!
Wednesday, April 26, 2006
I sure hope so. It'll make the the press briefings interesting to watch.
- Update: The unmedicated IMAO has more.
Saturday, April 22, 2006
Stupid, stupid, stupid. The parents that is.
Friday, April 21, 2006
Thursday, April 20, 2006
Tuesday, April 18, 2006
- Heller getting the drop on Jack. Nobody hits Jack Bauer and lives to tell about it
- Chloe - "Miles is a idiot". She speakth the truth
- Chloe swiping Miles' ID and staring down the nutso redhead
- Logan is a slimey lying sack. And he's really good at it
- Chloe getting owned by the nutso redhead
- Aaron - dead or dark side?
- Mrs. Logan - soon to be dead?
I really enjoyed this episode. Unlike some of the whiners over at Blogs4Bauer I liked the character development.
As for the weekly carnage - I counted 6 confirmed and 2 probable (1 bad guy and Audry).
Bonus - from Fark - the Blank CTU Badge Photoshop File
BTW - Flight 93 looks awesome!
Monday, April 17, 2006
Sunday, April 16, 2006
Thursday, April 13, 2006
Wednesday, April 12, 2006
No one will care how badly they sing their songs.
Wait - Rod Stewart? Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Tuesday, April 11, 2006
The wife and I were lucky enough to see Queen live twice. Once from the rafters of the Rosemont Horizon (now the Allstate Arena) and once from the 20th row at the former Popular Creek Music Theatre. Queen was one of those bands the just brought it every time they performed. Freddie Mercury set a pretty high standard. Will anyone come close?
Bucky sang "Fat Bottomed Girls". One of my all time favorite Queen songs. Missed it so I'll have to listen to the mp3. Ok - the review wasn't bad. Still need to listen to the whole song.
Ace destroyed "We Will Rock You". 'nuff said.
Kellie - "Bohemian Rhapsody". Some didn't like it. I thought she nailed it. Right down to the prancing.
Chris - "Innuendo". Didn't do anything for me.
Katharine - "Who Wants to Live Forever". Nice singing but nothing special.
Elliot - "Somebody to Love". Great singing but it wasn't Queen.
Taylor - "Crazy Little Thing Called Love". Decent signing but a terrible performance. Simon's comments nailed it.
Paris - "The Show Must Go On". Awesome voice. Not a Queen performance but very good.
I know I'm being a bit mean comparing these people to Freddie Mercury but you can't sing his songs and not expect it. Kellie was the only one that brought some memories back. She rocked.
Time to watch the Queen Live DVD and push this stuff from my brain.
Monday, April 10, 2006
Nice gun battle at the end. I counted 9 more for the kill counter. I'll have to review the tape. Well the mpeg. Video tape is so 2004.
Update: Looked at the mpeg and, depending on the fate of Evelyn and her daughter, it looks like 9. Blogs4Bauer says 10. I still think it's 9. But then again I picked 9...
I'm begining to think that Audry has something to do with the President. Or at least the days events. Look at this picture. It's like "Oh no - I have to kill Jack Bauer"
Wait - that really means "Crap. Jack Bauer is going to kill me. Slowly. Painfully"
Check out the roundup.
LIBERTARIANS support maximum liberty in both personal and economic matters. They advocate a much smaller government; one that is limited to protecting individuals from coercion and violence. Libertarians tend to embrace individual responsibility, oppose government bureaucracy and taxes, promote private charity, tolerate diverse lifestyles, support the free market, and defend civil liberties.
According to this quiz.
- Open Firefox and go to the Address Bar. Type in about:config and then press Enter.
- Right Click in the page and select New -> Boolean.
- In the box that pops up enter config.trim_on_minimize. Press Enter.
- Now select True and then press Enter.
- Restart Firefox.
Memory usage for me when minimized is under 20MB and when in use around 50MB. Nice.
Thanks to Right Thoughts for the link.
Monday, April 03, 2006
One of the things that Matt does is highlight 'Someone you should know'. The people he introduces you to are amazing. Matt is now bringing this series to Pundit Radio. Be sure to check it out.
- Did you hear about the nurse who died and went straight to hell? It took her two weeks to realize she wasn't at work!
- You know you're a nurse if... you would like to meet the inventor of the call light some night in a dark alley.
- Your sense of humor gets more warped each year. Almost everything can seem humorous...eventually.
- You know the smell of different diarrhea to identify it.
- You can tell the pharmacist more about the medication they are dispensing than they know.
- You check the caller ID on your day off to see if anyone from the hospital is trying to call and ask you to work.
- You've been telling stories in a restaurant and made someone at another table throw up.
- You notice that you are using more 4 letter words than you did before you started nursing.
- Every time someone asks y ou for a pen you can find at least 4 of them on you.
- You live by the motto "to be right is only half the battle, to convince the doctor is more difficult."
- You've told a confused patient that your name was that of your coworker and to holler if they need help.
- Your bladder can expand to the size of a Winnebago's water tank.
- You find yourself checking out other customer's veins in grocery waiting lines.
- You avoid unhealthy looking shoppers in the mall for fear that they will drop near you and you'll have to do CPR on your day off.
- Your finger has gone places you never thought possible.
- You have seen more penises than any prostitute.