Saturday, August 13, 2005

Makes sense to me

From Right Thinking

" Being against the war is not unpatriotic. Cheering for America to lose is."

This is just perfect and describes so much of what is going on today. It doesn't bother me if a family member, friend, or co-worker disagrees with me with regard to Iraq. This is America and brave men and women have sacrificed all so that we have that freedom. But when they want more bloodshed, more body bags coming home, more carnage just to they can attack the President and his policies - that makes me sick.

I don't agree with everything that Bush does nor did I agree with all of the policies of Clinton, Bush 41, Reagan, Ford, or Carter. (Before that I was to young to care) But I never wanted the US to lose, to walk away from a task left unfinished, to give up, because I knew that we would have to come back. And that coming back would cost more.

If you want to be against the war - fine with me. It's your right. But lose the "War for oil", "Bush lied, people died", etc, crap. Be against it for a real reason as the babble spewed forth by the antiwar crowd just doesn't hold up to any real scrutiny. And be ready to back up your reason with a logical, fact based argument.

No comments: