Monday, May 23, 2005

Great Strides



We've been involved with Great Strides since Thing1 was diagnosed over 13 years ago. Since then we've put a lot of miles in. Thing1 was even the lead walker when he was young. The walk keeps getting bigger and bigger as more people (and companies) get involved.



At first it was me and the wife doing the walks. The kids were just too small and I didn't want to carry them. As Thing1 made it into high school he and I started doing them. It was a good time to talk - walking through Busse Woods. This year Thing1 formed his own team and the four of us walked together. Well sort of. Thing1 and I walk a bit faster so while we did the 6 miles the wife and Thing2 did about 5. We all had a great time and a lot of money was raised.

Will it cure CF? Probably not. Will it help better the quality of life for those with CF and their support teams? No doubt. Thats why I walk every year.

No comments: