Monday, May 02, 2005

Bedroom Renovation - Day 16

To borrow a line from Neo - Paint. We have lots of Paint. Ceiling has a second coat. My nice new wall has it's first coat and looks pretty good. The bead board looks good with a coat of paint on it. A second coat on the walls tomorrow and it should look great.

At work today I was talking with a coworker who is also doing some painting at home. Well - her husband is doing some painting. We got into the whole flat vs satin debate. I'm all for flat on ceilings but walls need to be satin. Flat with kids (or pets) is just too much work to keep clean. Her husband likes flat cause it hids defects. Me - I'd rather fix the defects. My friend wants satin or semi-gloss for her master bath to make it easier to keep it clean with a 5 year old in the house.

After the paint comes paneling. And then moulding. Trimming out the windows. And carpeting. And new doors. In the next 10 days. Nothing like a little pressure.

No comments: