Pulled back the carpeting to put in new baseboard. Found out that the way the slab was poured was kind of interesting. It appears that the footers and perimeter walls were poured, exterior walls put up and then the floor poured - up to the height of the sill plate. I have never seen a slab poured like that. Found some cracks so I caulked them with some concrete patch and silicone. I had to remove some tack strips as well. As soon as I pulled back the carpeting the tack strip came with so I decided to remove them all.
Baseboards are installed. The three windows are trimmed out. Still need to decide on what the crown moulding will look like.
Carpet man comes tomorrow