Tuesday, March 22, 2005

American Standard

Awhile back I replaced our orginal toilet with an American Standard Champion. Expensive but the promise of lower water usage and a proper flush (important when someone with CF lives in the house) were key selling points.

A couple of weeks ago we started having problems. There was these seal on the float that kept coming out of the groove that was supposed to retain it. Not all the time but enough that it was annoying. So I called American Standard's customer support line this morning. A couple of minutes on hold and I was talking to technical support. Two minutes later a new, redesigned, seal was being sent to me. Apparently I'm not the only one who has seen this problem. The newer one is a bit firmer so it shouldn't wiggle out of the groove.

Nice work American Standard.

No comments: