Friday, March 25, 2005

Good Friday

This has always been a tough day for me. Even more so since I've been trying to explain to Thing2 why it's a good day. I know why but explaining why a death 2000 years ago was good for her and for me - well some days it just doesn't make sense.

It may be that most days I don't feel worthy. I've made my share of mistakes in life. Some were real good ones that I've owned up to - both to my God and my family. Some were just stupid decisions that only God and I know about. To think that my God would sacrifice his only Son for someone like me - why?

I know God has a plan for me. Most of the time I wish He'd clue me in on it. I don't need a burning bush - just a hint or two would suffice.

For my fellow believers in Christ:

    May this Holy Week enrich and enlighten you. May His light enter your life and refresh your spirit. I pray that the sacrifice of one man so long ago stay with you forever. Amen

No comments: