Wednesday, March 09, 2005

Range time!

Almost two months had passed since I had last gone shooting. The guns were taunting me. I needed to go shooting. Off to the local range. Started off with a couple of hundred rounds through the Ruger Mark II. The stress bleeds off. Next was 200 rounds through the Glock 17. The more I shoot this gun more the better it gets. About halfway through a group shows up and starts shooting .357 and .44 magnums. Even with ear plugs and muffs it was annoying. I decided to put another 100 rounds through the Ruger. Amazing how the Ruger doesn't move at all after firing the Glock.

Cleaned up and did some browsing. GAT has the full line of Surefire lights at reasonable prices. Still haven't decided on a 6P or one of the LED lights. The Springfield Armory SOCOM16 is a sweet rifle. I just need a place to shoot it. There were a couple of Barrett rifles behind the counter. At $8,000.00ea they cost more than I paid for my first car. I may have to settle for a AK 47 clone.

Home safe and sound. Nice and relaxed. Till next month...

No comments: