Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Pride before the fall

Just about everyone is talking about John Kerry's lame attempt at humor:

    "You know, education, if you make the most of it, you study hard, you do your homework and you make an effort to be smart, you can do well. If you don't, you get stuck in Iraq."


I can almost see where he was attempting to go. Then again Kerry had no problem slamming his fellow Viet Nam vets in the 70's and was calling Marines 'terrorists' not too long ago. So maybe I can't.

Funny thing - all he had to do was to say "I'm sorry. It was an attempted jab at President Bush and I blew the line. I meant no disrespect to the incredibly brave men and women who put their lives on the line so I can make an ass of myself. Please accept my apology"

And it would have been over. But no - blame it on the right wing chickenhawks. Stupid!

And to think this guy was almost the President?

No comments: