Monday, February 20, 2006

A bad start

Get home on Friday and Thing2 says that her email isn't working. Hmmm - the wife had mentioned that the web was a little flakey on Thursday. Fired up a computer and I couldn't get anywhere. nslookups were failing 95% of the time. Not good. Took the router out of the path and hooked my computer directly to the cable modem. Rebooted the cable modem and the link light didn't come on as it usually does after a minute or so.

Called the cable company (Wide Open West) and, after waiting for a while, talked to a customer service rep (and rebooting my computer twice - why I don't know when the modem isn't working!) she decided that a service call was necessary. The tech will be out tomorrow. Four days later.

The wife and daughter are going through email withdrawal. Me - I didn't miss it much. Had too many other things going on to keep me busy.

No comments: