Wednesday, June 01, 2005

Army Spam?

Everyone has heard of the Nigerian spammers. The following is the first for me from someone pretending to be in the 1st Armoured Division.

    Subject: From:Sgt.Terry Ray
    Date: Wednesday 01 June 2005 04:53
    From: "Sgt. Terry Ray"
    To: "terryray009@wanadoo.es"

    From:Sgt.Terry Ray
    Important Message
    To President / Managing Director..

    Good day,

    My name is Terry Ray, I am an American soldier, I am
    serving in the military of the 1st Armoured Division in
    Iraq, As you know we are being attacked by insurgents
    everyday and car bombs.We managed to move funds
    belonging to Saddam Hussien's family.

    We want to move this money to you, so that you may
    invest it for us and keep our share for banking.We will
    take 50%, my partner and I. You take the other 50%. no
    strings attached, just help us move it out of Iraq,
    Iraq is a warzone. We plan on using diplomatic
    courier and shipping the money out in one large
    silver box, using diplomatic immunity. If you are
    interested I will send you the full details, my job
    is to find a good partner that we can trust and
    that will assist us. Can I trust you? When you receive
    this letter,kindly send me an e-mail signifying your
    interest including your most confidential
    telephone/fax numbers for quick communication
    also your contact details.This business is risk free.

    Respectfully,
    Sgt.Terry Ray.

I can only hope that the scum doing this runs into some real members of the 1st Armoured some day...

No comments: