Wednesday, November 24, 2004

Nothing says Merry Christmas

like a Glock 17. Maybe a 19 - not sure yet.

While we are far (very far) from wealthy our choice of lifestyle has allowed us to live comfortably. It is also allowing for us to send Thing1 to a private college rather than a state school. Judging by the results so far this was an excellent choice.

Back to the Glock. The wife and I exchange lists of things we want for Christmas. Usually mine are filled with 'toys', her's have jewerly. They tend to be things that we want but won't usually buy for ourselves as they are past that limit that we have for 'stuff' purchases.

Several years ago I put a bunch of computer parts, knives, and DVDs on my list. I ended it with a Glock 17 or 19. In the pit of a state known as Illinois where we reside one needs a Firearms Owners Identification Card to legally buy a gun. I have one. The wife didn't at that time. So while the wife was at Best Buy looking for parts the clerk asked to see the list so he could find things quicker. After scanning the list he grinned and yelled to his buddy "Hey - this ladies husband wants a Glock for Christmas". The buddy replied "Cool!". I didn't get one that year. Or the year after. Repeat.

Now this year for some reason the wife says "Time to get your Glock". After I recover from the shock she just smiled and said "You deserve it". Who am I to argue? So after we drop off Thing2 for a Karate seminar next week we're going shopping. Maybe we'll get his-n-her's models? A 17 for me and a 19 for her? Hmmmmm...

Stranger things have happened!

No comments: