Saturday, November 25, 2006

Thanksgiving

Ours was great. 17 people in our little home including my brother and his wife who came up from St. Louis. Lots of food, wine (love wine!), and treats.

The turkey was cooked on the Weber by yours truly. 19 lbs in just over 4 hours - a perfect 185 degrees. Juicy white meat and yummy dark meat. Something for everyone. I made my first cheesecake this year. The wife had bought me a spring form pan at Bed, Bath, and Beyond so I gave it a show. Outside of the top splitting it turned out pretty good. My sister-in-laws husband, who makes excellent cheesecake, gave me some tips for avoiding that so I'll give them a shot next time.

And all too soon it was over. Folks headed home. We cleaned up and watched a movie. Black Friday was coming soon...

No comments: