Thursday, November 03, 2005

Boresighting the 10/22

Since Thing1 has stated that he wants to try out the 10/22 with the dot sight on Thanksgiving break I decided that I needed to see if the sight was anywhere near sighted in.

After fitting a new screw (size M4 if anyone cares) to the mount I decided to try and bore sight the rifle. I've done this before with my bolt action rifles so it should be easy. Except for the fact that you can't see down the barrel from the receiver...

I didn't have a light source that would work with the bolt locked back so I broke the rifle down. After removing 2 screws and 3 pins the barrel and receiver are free. My little Surefire didn't fit so I tried a AA Maglite.

Not perfect but in a dark garage I was able to see the light on the wall and the dot wasn't that far off. It should be easy to get sighted in at the range.

No comments: