Wednesday, August 16, 2006

There goes a blood vessel

So sayeth Thing1.

Let me explain. The kids and I went to Willow Creek tonight for worship with Barlow Girl. It was what I needed to recharge. Modern praise and worship music just gets me going and it's something the three of us can share. The wife, well her idea of praise and worship music comes from the Lutheran Book of Worship. We don't agree so when I need my fix I take the kids to Willow. Plus Barlow Girl is just phenominal.

After the music was a baptism. Willow usually baptizes in their lake but tonight was a small pool on stage. 50 people professed Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior and were baptized. Each had their own little story and groups of friends there sharing this experience with them. One of the girls had a large group of friends there - complete with banners and a air horn. When the air horn went off Thing1 leaned over and said:

"If Mom had been here - well there goes a blood vessel"

I couldn't agree more!

Listen to Barlow Girl. See them if you get the opportunity - worship or concert. Open your heart and mind and let their words in.

You'll love it.

No comments: