Monday, December 12, 2005

What a weekend

Started off on Thursday. 7 inches of snow and people forgot how to drive. Took 1.5 hours for a normally 30 minute trip.

I managed to twist wrong getting the snowblower out and tweaked my back. I think I just aggravated a bulging disc that I have. Spent a lot of time laying down and stretching to try and get to where I could sit in a chair for more than 15 minutes.

The wife took me Christmas shopping on Friday. For the second year in a row she decided to buy me a new gun. It was a toss between a SKS and a Kel-Tec Sub2000. Since both are part of my plan and there isn't a convienent rifle range I decided to go with the Kel-Tec in 9mm and Glock magazines (to match last years present). We had a nice talk with the salesman while he wrote it up. I pick it up tomorrow and intend on putting a couple of hundred rounds through it to make sure it's ok :-).

We stopped at one of those antique malls to wander for a bit. Found a Tickle-Me Elmo and a singing Eyore for Thing1. (yes at 20 he still likes Elmo and Eyore). What a find for $10.00.

Saturday was my shopping for the wife. She wants a digicam so thats what it'll be. Ended up with a Canon SD550. It should be perfect for her. She wanted the large LCD and has a thing for megapixels. I had planned on getting the SD450 but they were no where to be found.

Sunday was the Christmas pagent at church. While Thing1 and Thing2 are too old for Sunday school the wife teaches second grade so we went to watch. As always it was a very enjoyable and invigorating event. I've not really had much in the way of Christmas spirit this year but the pagent got me going.

1 comment:

al said...

Christmas is always fun! I gave the KelTec a test when I picked it up on Tuesday. It's a fun gun to shoot. I would have probably gotten the SKS if there was a rifle range under an hour away but there isn't.