Wednesday, February 02, 2005

SOTU - Live

So far so good. Nice to the see the Democrats have class. Booing the President. Nice. Dig yourselves a deeper hole.

Immigrant worker bill - on one hand it bothers me alot. Then again I see these immigrants working their asses off at jobs that american kids won't touch.

Tort reform - Yea!

Social security - long term problems take long term solutions. I don't want to wait to fix this when my kids are old.

Dana (?) Reeves applauding the bit about stem cell research. Hmmm - maybe the papers don't tell the whole story.

No more judges legislating from the bench - interpret the law, don't create it.

Up/Down vote - yep!

Respect women? Liberals? hahahahaha

DNA - nice touch. CSI is getting to everyone.

Terrorists - no place to run, no place to hide. Be like Iraq - give them the finger!

Support the Military.

Stop terror? Spread freedom.

Do not impose our way of life. Wonder how Al-Jazzera will play that one.

Peace in the Middle East? I've heard that before.

Syria still considered bad guys - good!

Iraqi voters deserve our respect. Hell ya! I go vote at Thing2's school. The only real threat is the parking lot.

Peace through superior firepower

Ordinary Iraqis are willing to take over security for the country. Best way for everyone involved.

Freedom in Iraq. No bugging out (Hear that JFK?)

"Now it is my turn to protect you" - sounds like every Marine I've ever met. Words from a Marine who died in Fallujah. The Iraqi woman who got to vote on Sunday hugging the Marine's mom. Tears everywhere at our house. It must have been tough for them to be there. Semper Gratus.

Good speech overall. Made the Dems whine. Made me smile.

1 comment:

Mister Bixby said...

I live blogged the SOTU as well. My conclusion was basically the same as yours. Bush did well, the Democrats whined, America wins. :)

Frankly, Pelosi scares the holy bejeezus out of me. I mean look at her! That much Botox can't be good for your brain.