Sunday, December 12, 2004

I love it

When there is 10 people on each line at the grocery store and the do-it-yourself checkouts are empty. Full cart and I'm out of there in a couple of minutes. Same at Home Depot. I only had one item and I was out of there in 2 minutes. Not sure why people are afraid of these things.

Same with iPass. Here is Illinois we have tollways. Never used them much till Thing1 went to college. Now I'm on them every month. iPass puts a transponder on your car that gets activated by a radio transmitter as you approach the toll booth. Stay at a reasonable speed and just keep going. Probably saves 5 to 10 minutes per trip. And people still get in line to throw coins in the basket. I suppose there are privacy issues but with the number of cameras on the tollway that is gone anyways.

No comments: