Wednesday, December 08, 2004

Christmas comes early

At least my present did!

The wife bought me a Glock 17. Well I had to buy it as the pit of a state we live in requires a Firearm Owners Identification Card and hers hasn't shown up yet.

After waiting three days I stopped by the store to pick it up. Since I had some time I decided to put a few rounds through it. 200 rounds later I was done. The Glock pistol is an interesting design: lightweight due to a plastic frame (with metal inserts for frame rails), no 'safety' in the usual sense, and an unusual trigger (where the safety is). It points well, suffered no jams in 200 rounds of 115gr FMJ, and was just plain fun to shoot. The stress of the day was gone. :-)

Field stripped it at home while listening to NYPD Blue. Took all of 15 seconds. About the same to put it back together.

Thing1 wants to go shooting after finals are over and he comes home. That may be an expensive trip...

No comments: