Friday, December 16, 2005

Worship on Mountain Dew

Thats how Peder Eide describes his appearances at youth ministry events 11 months a year. Having seen a few of those performances as well as a couple of concerts I'd have to agree. The man has a way of reaching youth and the young at heart.

December is different. It's his Christmas tour. He was in our neck of the woods last night so the wife, Thing2, and myself went for dinner and his show. Show might not be the right word as it's music and ministry. Most of the music was Christmas related. A few were 'Dew' related. He had everyone up dancing and praising God. Just as we should.

I've had a real rough time getting into Christmas this year. I don't know why as it's generally one of my favorite times of the year. Too much shopping? Well not for me as I only shop for my wife and a couple of close friends. I don't know what it is. The Christmas pagent last weekend helped and Peder always gets the spirit moving. But I'm just not there. And it really bothers me.

Back to Peder - if you ever get the chance to see him perform please go with a open mind and heart. He will get into both. And I'm don't mean Peder...

No comments: