Monday, March 06, 2006

Sometimes it hurts to be nice

We're in the midst of another remodel. Kitchen (wallpaper, paint, and lighting), dining room (moving a wall, wood floor, paint), and living room (other side of the moving wall, paint, and carpet). We had this old Lazy Boy sleeper sofa that we didn't really want anymore. The wife asked at church if they knew anyone who could use it.

Sure enough there was a family who had just transistioned from a homeless shelter to an apartment and could use it. They came over and picked it up on Saturday. In the process of moving the couch out the new door I had put it last year got scuffed. No big deal as I was going to wet sand it again when the weather got nice and give it another coat of paint. On closer inspection the door is dented! Not deep and not across any of the detail lines but it is dented. To say the least the wife is a bit upset.

Spring isn't far away, even with the 3 inches of new snow yesterday, so it looks like wet sanding, bondo, and paint to start the year.

I havn't used bondo since car #1. I wonder if I still have my scrapers...

No comments: