Thursday, April 27, 2006

David Beamer Speaks Out

You may recall that name. It was Todd Beamer, while on Flight 93 on September 11th, 2001, who said "Let's Roll" when the first Hero's in the War Against Terror tried to take the plane back. With United 93 opening up in theatres this weekend Todd's father chose to speak up.

    United 93
    The filmmakers got it right.

    BY DAVID BEAMER
    Thursday, April 27, 2006 12:01 a.m. EDT

    The calendar says it's April 25, 2006. At noon, my wife, Peggy, and I are walking around Battery Park--near the Tribeca area--in New York. It is our first time. The flowers are blooming; kids are fishing; people boarding the ferry to Ellis Island and the Statue of Liberty. Kids are laughing and noisy. The sun is shining. The vendors are hawking T-shirts, pretzels and some "designer" wares. And just up the street there is a hole in the skyline and in the ground.

    [Continue at source]


Since I have time to kill Saturday night as the wife and her sister are going to see Tim and Faith in Rosemont (and I get to play driver) I think I'll head back to Schaumburg and see this movie.

No comments: