Friday, November 26, 2004

Being Thankful

A bit late but Thanksgiving was a busy day. With the wife not up to doing the cooking it was up to me. Luckily my sister was bringing about half the food. Dinner was excellent (it was strange cooking a turkey inside) and a good time was had by all.

So what am I thankful for? A wife who deserves better, kids - despite their issues - are great kids, a house around us, a job that pays the bills as well as enough left over to put Thing1 through college, friends, and family.

I am thankful that 52% of voters picked the right man to lead the U.S. for the next 4 years. I am thankful for the brave men and women who put themselves in harms way so that we can live freely.

I am thankful for this wonderful country. Despite the effort of all those (inside and outside the borders) who wish to destroy it, the U.S. is the greatest country in the world.

No comments: